Do you want to know how to modify Sons of the Forest’s difficulty setting in the middle of the game? Then you have come to the right place because all you need is this guide.
While the game will continue to be terrifying and difficult, you might occasionally want to change the difficulty because you might find it to be either much easier or much more difficult.
Naturally, you’d want to be familiar with the game’s many levels of difficulty. Check out the actions you need to alter the level now that you know which level you wish to choose.
Please take note that the next actions require some technical expertise. Only proceed if you are certain that you understand what needs to be done.
How to Modify Sons of Forest’s Difficulty Level?
There may come the point when you wish to adjust it without hurting your progress because difficulty levels can be rather different from what you imagined. Unfortunately, you cannot alter it in the middle of the game. Fortunately, you can adjust Sons of Forest’s difficulty level using this workaround:
- The first thing you must do is go to the directory where your game is kept. Follow this path to accomplish that
- You must find the GameSetupSaveData.json file in this folder and open it in Notepad. We advise you to make a backup of this file before you open it in case something goes wrong.
- There will be many codes here, and you must find the one that corresponds to your difficulty setting. Look for Peaceful in the line of codes, for example, if you started the game in that mode.
- Find it, change Peaceful to the level of the game you wish to play, and then save the file.
- Execute Sons of the Forest after performing the same action on the GameStateSaveData.json file.
That is the only information available for Sons of the Forest’s Difficulty Level Change.