Are you an avid gamer who loves playing League of Legends on Windows but is facing issues with the game? Do you want to reinstall League of Legends on Windows but don’t know how to do it?
Worry not, as we have got you covered! In this article, we will guide you on how to reinstall League of Legends on Windows in a step-by-step manner. So, let’s get started!
What is League of Legends?
League of Legends, also known as LoL, is a popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game that has gained a massive following worldwide. Developed and published by Riot Games, the game was released in 2009 and has since become one of the most-played games in the world.
Why Reinstall League of Legends on Windows?
There could be several reasons why you might want to reinstall League of Legends on Windows. Some of the common reasons are:
- You are facing performance issues with the game.
- You are encountering bugs and errors while playing the game.
- You want to start fresh and remove all the existing game files.
- You want to install the latest version of the game.
How to Reinstall League of Legends on Windows?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to reinstall League of Legends on Windows:
Step 1: Uninstall League of Legends
The first step is to uninstall League of Legends from your Windows computer. Follow these steps to uninstall the game:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on “Programs and Features.”
- Find League of Legends in the list of installed programs.
- Click on it and select “Uninstall.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the game.
Step 2: Delete the League of Legends Files
After uninstalling the game, you need to delete all the remaining League of Legends files from your computer. Follow these steps to delete the files:
- Press the “Windows” key and “R” key simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “%appdata%” in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Delete the “Riot Games” folder.
- Press the “Windows” key and “R” key simultaneously to open the Run dialog box again.
- Type “%localappdata%” in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Delete the “Riot Games” folder.
- Press the “Windows” key and the “E” key simultaneously to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Riot Games” or “C:\Program Files\Riot Games” and delete the “League of Legends” folder.
Step 3: Download and Install League of Legends
Once you have uninstalled the game and deleted all the remaining files, you can download and install the latest version of League of Legends. Follow these steps to download and install the game:
- Go to the official League of Legends website.
- Click on the “Play Now” button.
- Select “Windows” as your operating system.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- Once the download is complete, run the setup file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the game.
Step 4: Update League of Legends
After installing the game, you need to update it to the latest version. Follow these steps to update the game:
- Launch the game and log in to your account.
- If there is an update available, the game will prompt you to download and install it.
- Click on the “Update” button to start the update process.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- Once the update is complete, restart the game.
Congratulations! You have successfully reinstalled League of Legends on your Windows computer.
- What Type of Game is League of Legends?
- How Big is League of Legends? Exploring the Size and Impact of the World’s Most Popular Online Game
- Why is League of Legends so Popular: A Comprehensive Analysis
- How Much Money Have I Spent on League of Legends? A Comprehensive Guide
- What Are Eternals in League of Legends? Understanding the In-Game Progression System
Reinstalling League of Legends on Windows might seem like a daunting task, but it is actually quite simple if you follow the steps mentioned in this guide.
By uninstalling the game, deleting the remaining files, downloading and installing the latest version, and updating the game, you can ensure a fresh installation and enjoy playing the game without any issues.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and reinstall League of Legends on your Windows computer now!