What you need to know about OW2’s disconnect issues is provided below.
Getting thrown out of the game during an Overwatch 2 competition match is one of the most annoying things that may occur, especially if it occurs often. If you are having trouble connecting, the problem can be on your end or it might be with the OW2 servers.
Overwatch 2: I Keep Getting Removed from Comp Matches
You can see a variety of problem messages, such as “Disconnected because your profile was signed out,” “login error,” “failed to connect to the game server,” etc. After that, you might notice a specific number of gamers in front of you in the line.
How to Address User-Ended Disconnection Problems
- Check to see if the issue is with your internet connection. Check for stability before entering a competition match. Otherwise, don’t take the chance because abandoning the match has consequences for your rating, even if it’s because of bad connectivity.
- If you can, use an Ethernet cable. To make sure that your router isn’t being overloaded with traffic, reset your network devices.
- Close any other internet programs you might be using, and make sure Overwatch 2 has enough bandwidth.
- To address any network problems, flush your DNS.
- Verify whether a VPN is running in the background and disable it if it is.
- Any proxies that can affect the game should be disabled.
- Look to see whether your machine has any malware or viruses.
- Check to see whether Overwatch 2’s servers are experiencing issues.
It’s not you; it’s the OW2 servers if other people in your match are also being eliminated one by one until finally you are too. This has happened numerous times before, and a brief server malfunction or overload may be to blame.
In this situation, there is nothing you can do to make it better. When it happened to me, the game was “abandoned” and all of the participants received kicks; therefore, a loss was not recorded.
But in Overwatch 2, when I was the sole player expelled from the game or match, I noticed the ability to re-join from the main screen. If things go your way, your team might even win the game, so be sure to try to rejoin as soon as you can.
However, if the situation has changed by the time you return, your success or failure will depend on the team’s morale at that time, its choice of heroes, and its general abilities.
That is all you need to know if you frequently disconnect from the Overwatch 2 servers while playing ranked, arcade, or competitive games.