Launch the MSI Afterburner and go to the “Fan” tab. Enable user-defined software automatic fan control. Set the fan curve. Apply the setting and Monitor the GPU temperature
Keeping your GPU cool is essential for maintaining its performance and prolonging its lifespan. One way to do this is by setting a custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner. A custom fan curve allows you to adjust the fan speed based on the GPU temperature, ensuring it stays within a safe range.
This tutorial will show you how to set a fan curve in MSI Afterburner and optimize your GPU’s cooling.
- EVGA Precision x1 Vs MSI Afterburner
- How To limit FPS With MSI Afterburner?
- How To Record With MSI Afterburner?
- How To Unlock Core Voltage Using MSI Afterburner?
- A computer with a GPU that is compatible with MSI Afterburner
- MSI Afterburner software, which can be downloaded from the official website
- A benchmarking tool to test the performance of your GPU before and after setting the fan curve
- Download and install MSI Afterburner
- Go to the official MSI Afterburner website
- Download and install the software
- Open MSI Afterburner
- Launch the software and go to the “Fan” tab
- Enable user-defined software automatic fan control
- Check the “Enable user-defined software automatic fan control” option in the fan tab.
- Set the fan curve
- Click on the “Fan Speed (%)” graph to set points on the curve
- Adjust the fan speed for different GPU temperature ranges
- Test the fan curve using a benchmarking tool and make adjustments as necessary
- Apply the settings
- Once you’ve set the fan curve, apply the settings and rerun the benchmark to see the result.
- Monitor the GPU temperature
- Keep an eye on the GPU temperature while running the benchmark and ensure that it does not exceed the safe temperature range.
- How To Overclock GTX 1070 With MSI Afterburner?
- Best Way to Maximize Crypto Mining Profitability?
- How To Open MSI Files On Mac [100% Working Method]
- Do I Need a Graphics Card If I Don’t Play Games?
- How to Confirm if Crypto Mining Rig Is Online
- Cooling: Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner allows you to control the speed of your GPU’s fan, which can help to keep the GPU cool and prevent overheating.
- Temperature Control: Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner allows you to set temperature targets, so the GPU fan will automatically increase or decrease its speed based on the temperature of the GPU.
- Noise reduction: Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner allows you to reduce fan noise by setting the fan speed to a lower level when the GPU is not under heavy load.
- Customizable: Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner allows you to customize the fan speed based on your specific needs and preferences.
- Increased lifespan: A proper fan curve can help increase the GPU’s lifespan by reducing the temperature and preventing thermal throttling.
- Performance: Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner can improve the performance of the GPU by keeping it cool, which can help to prevent thermal throttling and allow the GPU to run at its maximum potential.
- Compatibility: Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner is compatible with many GPU models, making it a versatile and helpful tool for any PC gamer or enthusiast.
We hope you found this tutorial on how to set a fan curve in MSI Afterburner helpful. Setting a custom fan curve can help keep your GPU cool and improve its performance. Remember, this process can take trial and error, so be patient and don’t hesitate to comment if you have any questions.
If you liked this tutorial, please share it with others who might find it helpful.
A fan curve is a tool that allows you to control the speed of your GPU’s fan based on the temperature of the GPU. This helps keep the GPU cool and prevent overheating, which can improve performance and increase the lifespan of the GPU.
To set a fan curve in MSI Afterburner, open the software and navigate to the “Fan” tab. From there, you can adjust the fan speed based on the temperature of the GPU.
Yes, you can set different fan curves for different temperature ranges in MSI Afterburner, allowing you to customize the fan speed based on your specific needs and preferences.
Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner should not void the warranty of your GPU, but it’s important to check with the manufacturer before proceeding.
MSI Afterburner is primarily designed for GPU overclocking and fan control; It cannot control the fan speed of the CPU. You need to use a different tool for that.
Setting a fan curve in MSI Afterburner can reduce fan noise by lowering fan speed when the GPU is not under heavy load.
It’s possible to set a fan curve on a laptop GPU using MSI Afterburner. Still, it’s essential to consult the manufacturer before attempting to overclock a laptop GPU to avoid any potential damage or risk.